5 Ways to Make Your Home a Sanctuary
Psst! We have a secret to share (actually, five) that will freshen your perspective on the added hours we’ve all been spending at home. Let’s face it: our houses have taken on additional roles in these isolating times, like office and classroom—but it’s equally important that your home feels like a sanctuary where you can be safe and serene. Here are our secrets on how to do just that.
1. Refresh. How well you sleep at night can impact your mood and stress levels. Make sure you have a mattress that will provide you the support you need to wake up each morning ready to conquer your day.
2. Comfort. What better way is there to de-stress from the day than sinking into a good book or a favorite Netflix series? Create a cozy media space with a sectional or sofa where you can relax and recharge.
3. Escape. You may not be able to dine out like you used to—yet—but a beautiful dining set, table arrangement, and ambience can make a home-cooked meal feel just as special as a night on the town.
4. Soothe. Need a moment to reset? Take a breather—prop up your feet and light a candle. Along with creating a tranquil mood, candles fill the room with stress-relieving fragrances to help you unwind.
5. Declutter. If your whole family is using the same area at home to work, it’s important that you have the room to do what you need. Reorganize your space and optimize your home and mind.