5 Home Refresh Ideas for the New Year to create the warm and inviting living space you’ve always wanted!
The pandemic has forced us to spend a lot of time indoors this past year. If you’re tired of looking at those blank walls and worn sofa cushions, and could use a new year refresh—not to worry! With a few simple updates, your space can be the warm and inviting refuge you crave.
Here are five tips to make your living areas feel like home:
1. Lounge in comfort. Whether you’re watching a movie, sipping tea, or cuddling with loved ones—you spend a lot of time on your couch. Make sure it’s nap-worthy and great quality.
2. Throw in some pillows. Adorn your sofa, favorite chair, or bed with a cozy throw, and add a pop of color with complementary pillows.
3. Hang a mirror, mirror on the wall. Placing mirrors above a table or couch is a great way to create the illusion of a large, open space.
4. Let there be light. Lighting might not seem like much, but it plays an important role in setting the mood. The right lamp or wall sconce can lift your spirits for a dance party in the kitchen, or relax you for a novel by the fireplace.
5. Put up some pictures. One of the best compliments you can get about your home is that it’s “you.” Bring your personal touch and style to the walls with meaningful art prints and family photos.
Whether you’re curled up on the couch or sharing a family meal, your place should feel like home. If you’d like to create a cozy, welcoming atmosphere in the new year, we’re here to help. Make a showroom appointment by calling the store or messaging us on Facebook or Instagram.